College Readiness Math Teachers
Pre-AP® Mathematics Teachers
6 hours (1 Day Workshop)
What’s the function? Let’s explore ways to teach students about the use and application of functions in mathematical concepts. We are re-setting the foundation for students to excel in AP® level courses and taking the mystery out of the math. As our high school students continue to matriculate, mathematical concepts will become more complex and our goal is to help them establish a good grounding so they can be ready for higher levels and college. This one-day workshop will provide teachers with the skills to assist their students in the following in several areas including construction of complex functions and function notation.
● Explore ways to teach complex ideas and help students understand the concept of a function and use function notation,
● Empower students with analytical skills to understand functions using various representations,
● Incorporate engagement and teach students to build a function that models a relationship between two quantities,
● Build new functions from existing functions, and
● Construction and compare linear, quadratic, and exponential models and solve problems.