Unlocking Key Concepts in Calculus B/C
AP® Calculus B/C Teachers
6 hours (1 Day Workshop)
As students continue to excel and develop their math skills, we want to support their growth and help them tackle more challenging and complex concepts. In calculus B/C, learners are expecting new and more advanced problems. In this workshop, we’ll focus on teaching methods that help students navigate equations independently and successfully. We will learn and adapt strategies and techniques that are relevant to the classroom today.
This one-day workshop will focus on providing teachers with strategies and techniques to expand student knowledge and application of mathematic skills in the following:
● Learn how to use technology to help solve problems, experiment, interpret results, and support conclusions,
● Learn different types of equations (polar, parametric, vector-valued) and new topics (such as Euler's method, integration by parts, partial fraction decomposition, and improper integrals),
● Understand the topic of sequences and series,
● Understand the topics of differential and integral calculus, including concepts and skills of limits, derivatives, definite integrals, the Fundamental Theorem
of Calculus, and series, and
● Learn to approach calculus concepts and problems when they are represented graphically, numerically, analytically, and verbally, and to make connections amongst these representations.