Helping Students Persevere in Problem Solving
College Readiness Math Teachers
Pre-AP® Mathematics Teachers
6 hours (1 Day Workshop)
Prepare teachers to hit the ground running in the fall by setting the rules of the game for doing mathematics from the first day forward. Provide teachers with strategies that they can use in their classrooms regardless of the previous preparation of their students.
● Create foundational teaching strategies for all levels of math learners,
● Learn to establish a comfortable learning environment for new students,
● Align expected outcomes with goals, objectives, content standards, and student supports,
● Use cooperative learning structures, grouping and strategies,
● Promote mathematical academic language, and
● Engage in virtual resources, e.g., EDpuzzle, Desmos, Nearpod, Flipgrid, Delta math, Quizlet, and Jamboard.