Algebra-Rational Expressions, Creating Equations & Reasoning with Equations and Inequalities
College Readiness Math Teachers
Pre-AP® Math Teachers
AP® Math Teachers
6 hours (1 Day Workshop)
Math, for a lot of students, appears intimidating, like trying to read a novel in a foreign language. But when we break down the parts, giving students the vocabulary and tools, they need, they find their confidence and better understand mathematics. This one-day workshop will provide teachers with engaging problems to help students persevere in solving problems in several areas, giving them tools to interpret the questions, identify appropriate equations and solve problems.
● Empower instructors with tools to help teach students to interpret the structure of expressions,
● Develop lessons to instruct how to write expressions in equivalent forms to solve problems,
● Implement techniques to perform arithmetic operations on polynomials,
● Learn how to use polynomial identities to solve problems,
● Form techniques to create equations that describe numbers or relationships,
● Teach how and when to use reasoning with equations and inequalities,
● Develop tools to solve equations and inequalities in one variable,
● Refresh ways to solve systems of equations, and
● Represent and solve equations and inequalities graphically.