Strategies to Engage Students in College Readiness and Pre-AP Courses
College Readiness Teachers
Pre-AP® English Teachers
6 hours (1 Day Workshop)
Let’s get ready for AP® level classes! Support your learners with new skills and a bit of encouragement to get them ready for the next level in their education journeys. College prep level courses can be intimidating, but with the right preparation and support, your students will enter the next level with a new love for challenges and a toolkit of useful new skills. This one-day, interactive college readiness workshop will provide hands-on activities and lessons designed to develop and improve analytical skills, reading skills and writing skill. Workshop topics include, but are not limited to:
1. Poetry analysis,
2. Closed reading,
3. Analyzing author’s craft, and
4. Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) development.
● Gain strategies to prepare students for college prep courses,
● Develop methods to improve analytical skills,
● Obtain AP® prep specific lessons to implement in the classroom, and
● Gain strategies to prepare their students for rigorous college preparation and AP® courses.